The S - T strategies identified for B&H include the following:
• Implement the international obligations of B&H in respect to RES.
• Study and measurement the potential of renewable energy sources
• Use support projects by international financial institutions as from the early stages of project preparation.
• Develop the transmission and distribution network for the reception of electricity produced from renewable sources
• Adoption of social protection programs for customers
• Develop programs to promote energy production from renewable sources
• Develop and implement programs to educate the public about projects using renewable resources
These strategic guidelines should be added to and help in the support the development of programs and plans for the transfer of knowledge and technology through universities, research institutes, and private enterprise.The can also provide assistance to the development of educational programmes, setting up of research infrastructures, implementation of pilot projects and participation in projects financed through EU funding programmes, together with international partners from the EU and other countries.